Contributed Piece: ‘Mother Nature, My Explosive Lover!‘
Yemisi Ilesanmi is a Nigerian woman resident in UK. She identifies as Feminist, Bisexual and Atheist. She is a Barrister and holds a Master of Laws degree (LL.M) in Gender, Sexuality and Human Rights.
She is a trade unionist, human rights activist, poet and author of the book Freedom To LoveFor ALL: Homosexuality is Not Un-African. She sometimes moonlights as a plus size model. She is a passionate campaigner for equal rights, social justice and poverty alleviation.
She is active on social media and uses it as an advocacy tool to promote human rights and critical thinking. She blogs at Freethought blogs as YEMMYnisting, She has a YouTube Channel where she makes video on socio-political issues including atheism, feminism, religion, lgbt and human rights.
Yemisi Ilesanmi has held many National and International positions, amongst which were:
- National Women leader/Assistant National Secretary, Nigeria Labour Party
- Vice President, International Trade Union Congress
- Chairperson, ITUC Youth Committee
- International Labour Conference (ILC) Committee Member on Applications of Standards
- Member- United Nations Youth Employment Network (YEN)
- Founder/President, National Association of Nigerian Female Students
Yemisi Ilesanmi is the founder and coordinator of the campaign group Nigerian LGBTIs in Diaspora Against Anti-Same Sex Laws. Her book ‘FreedomTo Love For ALL: Homosexuality is Not Un-African’ is available in paperback and kindle editions on Amazon.